Create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true
Who or what do you want to be? Be daring, be bold with it but whatever you do, don’t play small with it.
Happy New Year’s to you all!!!! The image is a generic list of words for anyone for the new year. How about we personalize it? Think of the new year and list as many words as you can that describe your thoughts, hopes, dreams, and goals for the new year. You can leave any letter blank that you can’t come up with something for and fill it in as the year progresses. Try it and let me know what you come up with. Here’s mine:
Ok this is all I have so far.
Additionally, a wonderful fellow blogger stopped by and showed me some love but also posed a great question:
I love this post. I am still trying to get over a 5 year on and off relationship and I can say it is one of the most challenging things to do. I just read this post now and it really hit home with me. The guy I was seeing is now in a happy relationship and at first I hated him for it, I wanted him to be miserable with me. But then I took a step back and saw that I too can be that happy. It won’t be with him, but it will be with someone else.I have to ask you though, how were you able to disconnect yourself completely from him? I still every now and then “check up” on my ex (facebook, etc.) and I still can feel myself deep down missing him. Heartbreak sucks right?
So I figured I would devote an entire post to answering this question because, it’s worth that if not more. I may revisit it at a later date and post because there is so much richness in this but I will just focus on the question asked. And while I do not have all the answers, here goes nothing…
They say that misery loves company but in reality, misery loves miserable company. I know that feeling all too well. These are some of the steps I took to disconnect, in no particular order (ok maybe there is an order after all lol).
DISCONNECTING FROM YOUR EX IN 10 EASY STEPS*:
*What made this process a little easier for me is that my ex lived in another state so there was not this possibility of running into him anywhere thankfully. But if you do share a state of residence, you may want to avoid places you know he frequents at least for a couple of months so you can build your emotional muscle.
Remember it is a process!!!!!!!!! Progress is very rarely a linear process. You have ups and you have downs but each down leaves you a little higher up than where you started. Heart-break is what you make it! It is a journey and hopefully one that leaves to a renewed sense of who you are, what you want in a relationship, what you deserve,what you have to offer and what areas you can improve about yourself.
Hope this helps! If it doesn’t let me know. 😉
WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH WHEN YOU PULL THIS MOVE:
WHAT YOU ACTUALLY END UP DOING WHEN YOU PULL THIS MOVE:
And there you have it folks. If you want to appear indecisive, not interested and ready to move on, then blocking his number or changing yours is the route to take. But don’t make that turn if you plan on reversing. That’s how accidents of relationships happen.
Ladies and gentlemen, for this post let us briefly turn to Walt Disney and the classic Little Mermaid for this lesson in love. What do we learn:
So there you have it folks, making him your world & making yourself apart of his world 101 from The Little Mermaid. Bound!! [Kayne West style].
Making a man your world, your everything is one of the fastest ways to an enduring, fulfilling relationship; especially at it’s inception. That’s when we are the most inclined to do this because it’s fresh and we want it to last and this is the best way to do that.
Find a way to trade in everything that makes you you and distinguishes you and your interests and values from his. You want to blur the lines between his world and life and yours.
You can accomplish this in four easy steps:
1. Make yourself available 100% of the time. Don’t make plans with any one else. In fact cancel all plans and arrangements you made months earlier. You need to be at his beck and call.
2. Get rid of all of your friends. Yup, just stop calling them, stop spending time with them. Say no when they invite you places. You want to free up all your mental energy and time with thoughts of him and him, only. Social life? Who needs that when you have a man! Hello!
3. Make sure everything revolves around him: your hair appointments, dentist visits, laundry. Do these essential things only when you know:
4. Final step: expect him to make him your world too and then argue with him when he refuses. Why should he be allowed to refuse to give up his martial arts training. The nerve of him to try to derive some similitude of happiness, joy and recreation outside of being with and spending time with you!
Making him your world is THE SINGLE MOST romantic, sexy, endearing, non-desperate, non-thirsty, non-smoothering thing you can do for you, your man, and the future of your relationship.
…or three or four…. What I’d like to call combining several random separate blog posts into one extra long post. If you haven’t noticed I have been away for a looooooong time. I have a lot of catching up to do. I feel I owed my fans a double whammy as a result. So you will get my apology for staying away so long, some cool lists and a blog themed post. I know, I know, you are thrilled. Don’t worry you don’t even have to contain your enthusiasm. 🙂 Special shout out to Dax over at Hi, My Name is Dax… and I’m a Dateaholic for unintentionally calling me out of retirement with his post Not Going Into Retirement. When I read this, I knew I had to get back in the game. Had I had any sports knowledge I would have displayed that expertise and brilliance here, instead a picture of some athlete (who I don’t even know) who looks like he is waiting to get back into the game (of a sport I am also even unaware of although the bull makes me think basketball) will suffice.
Reasons for Unintentional Retirement:
1. Work: This takes up 80% of my time and life right now. Which I am not complaining about. I love what I do.
2. School: This also takes up 80% of my time. With reading 500 page books and writing 500 paged papers. Oh my I can hardly wait until this part of my life is over.
3. Social Life: 20% of my time is spent trying to have some semblance of a social life. Which I have become more successful at as of late because I found an “activity partner”. Someone suggested this to me and I scoffed at the idea and concept because as an adult the only activity people are looking to do is…. well, I actually found someone who is willing with the no time we have left, to just hang out platonically which is cool.
If you notice my percentages are grossly off. Of this I am fully aware. Needless to say, time to blog and keep up with all of you… 0%.
On another note, ‘Yonce and her new album… loving it. My top three tracks are (in no particular order)…..
1. Rocket Love (fav line: I do it like it’s my profession)
2. Mine (fav line: stop making big deals out little things)
3. Jealous (fav line: that ain’t nothing, I’m just jealous, I’m just human)
Speaking of what makes one human, this thought came to me: Who are you at your best and worse? And the infamous Marilyn Monroe quote inevitably came to mind:
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
Made me want to create my own.
At my best I am/can be:
1. Giving: I really love sharing things with people: my time, my cooking, my things, gifts (when it is not grossly inconvenient and/or being taken advantage of or unappreciated) and I do for the most part enjoy making other people happy. I don’t keep score with how much I have given, or who’s turn it is to give either
2. Loving: When I love, I love deeply and basically there is nothing I wouldn’t do for you. Supportive, encouraging, understanding… all that good stuff
3. Creative: It’s a mode I wish I operated in more but creativity is basically life. It gives you this fire and passion and new perspective and drives one to accomplish great things
At my worse I am/ can be:
1. Unforgiving: Especially when I’m wounded or hurt by you, aww man
2. Stubborn: There aren’t very many things I am dead set on, and for that reason I am pretty flexible, but the few things I am adamant about… watch out
3. Moody: I dislike this most of all. Hunger, fatigue, and that time of the month can off set a very bad mood and it’s one of the most unpleasant things
I’d be interested what things come up for you guys! Feel free to comment with it, or create a new post and just tag me in it. I guess the things that make your “At Your Best” list are the things you want to explore more in the new year, how do you get there, stay there and live there. Your “At Your Worse” list are the things you work on, recognizing your triggers and managing them.
And lastly, my sis sent me this cool thing that I ‘ll post for you guys. What are the first three words you see?
My three words for the new year: Freedom, intelligence and money!!! Happy New Year’s Guys!!!
These all the top qualities that a man looks for in a woman by the way. These attributes make a women attractive, admirable, and wanted!!!
What more would a man want to do than to spend the rest of his life with a woman who has consistently proven that mountains must be made out of every molehill or else the world is just flat!
Men will gladly sign up for the headaches, high blood pressure, extreme highs and lows and the sheer fatigue that comes along with a woman who is just dramatic to the bone.
Another mark of a drama queen is that she is usually highly involved in other people’s business and has lots of opinions about them and always thinks everyone is in her business. Oh yes, I forgot to mention being consumed with other people’s lives and obsessed with image and the opinions of others is the route everyone takes who wants to have success in love and relationships.
And people say drama queen is a term used to glamorize and sugar coat someone who is emotionally immature, potentially unstable and who lacks discipline.
Pfffffft. They better not be talking about me either because if they are, there is going to be a problem!!!! Like, who are “they” anyway. “They” need to mind their business.
Of every woman on the face of the earth.
The ones that walk by you two as you are out and about.
The ones that have been his friends for years.
The ones in movies and his favorite TV shows.
The ones he doesn’t even notice, but will once you point them out and start an argument with him about how he was starring at her.
If she is a female, you should assume he may at some point take some type of interest in her.
If you didn’t know, jealousy is one of the most attractive qualities a woman can exhibit.
And what’s even more attractive is if you express these jealous thoughts and feelings regularly.
Question him about all of your suspicions. And do this daily. Hourly would be ideal though.
Accuse him of looking at other women, of fantasizing about other women, and checking them out on social media websites,
Put restrictions on who he can talk to and who he can’t.
Who he can talk to = only men.
Who he can’t talk to = every woman.
When he scans the room to make sure everything is okay and that you guys are safe, accuse him of looking at and checking other women out.
When he turns his head as you walk down the street to make sure you guys are not about to get hit by a car, smack him up side the head for eye-ing another woman.
Turn every wonderful outing you have into a nightmare because the only place you expect his eyes to be, no matter what you do, is to be glued to you and only you.
This is realistic and completely understandable.
Disregard the fact that men are visual creatures by nature and CAN’T HELP but see attractive women as they wonder through life. But instead, assume that he thinks every attractive woman he sees is more beautiful than you and that every woman that crosses his path (attractive or not) makes him stop loving you and makes him want to leave you (for them).
Happy successful relationship.
Here. You. Come.